Monday, May 6, 2013

Coming in September...

I am very excited for this:
Courtesy Catalyst Games
I started playing Battletech back in Junior High with original boxed set and its cardboard counters. I loved it, but even then it was hard to play a game any time quickly and with anything more than a couple of mechs. So, I moved on.
Last year, I heard rumblings about the Quick Strike rules for Battletech. They were a hidden gem, locked away in a very pricey and hefty Strategic Operations Handbook released years before. Now, it looks like Catalyst Games has heard the masses and will be releasing the Quickstrike rules as a stand alone called Alpha Strike. Huzzah! To be 14 again.

UPDATE: Screw it! I'm writing my own.

5 comments:

Lead Addict said...

But they will screw it up and stuff it with too much crap, and it will cost $40.00.

What ever happened to the 64 page format? do it simple do it quick. And then provide some supplements.

BaronVonJ said...

Maybe they're suffering from DP9-itus?

Scottswargaming said...

You've took me back a bit again there Baron, I had that one too...

AHunt said...

I'll be interested to see how these turn out. I used to play solo games with a company on each side. They'd take all day. The things that teenagers find fun.

Bluebear Jeff said...

"to be 14 again" . . . what? Do you want pimples?

*grin* . . . I know what you mean though.


-- Jeff